Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Have You Got The Wrong Look?


I often meet people on my travels who tell me how their appearence means they'd never be taken seriously as a public speaker.

Given the opportunity, they'll elaborate with great gusto about how they have too many handicaps stacked against them - not the right look, too fat/too thin, to tall/to short, big teeth, floppy hair...and on and on it goes!

So, hands up who has heard of Anthony Robbins? Big tall, big teethed, formerly of the floppiest (and considerably goofy looking) hair I've ever seen, Tony didn't come out of the womb with all guns blazing.

What about Hitler? He was, short, had a ridiculous mustache and none too many good hair days, not to mention some bad ass pants.

Gandhi? Small, skinny, wearing an over sized diaper and NO hair to speak of!

Well, I could go on here, but I'm guessing you've got the point...

No comments: